Sunday 17 January 2016

A Larger Arena

'Landscape-Meditation,' Chinese watercolour and gouache on rice paper, 35 x 34 cm
For this post I am going to add a selection of paintings. Colour brightens my day during these dark winter months and heralds the approach of Spring. 
'Somewhere Else,' acrylic on canvas, 70 x 50 cm
Painting on canvas will have to wait for a few weeks as I am off to Cyprus on Tuesday. On my return I will be working on some much larger canvases because I feel that my ideas about colour and brushstrokes need a larger arena. In Cyprus I will work on paper.
'Landscape-Meditation,' gouache on paper
I have recently sent out several applications for exhibitions and residencies. My favourite residency place in China is closing down and I am now applying elsewhere in China. The thought of working back there and exploring Chinese calligraphy is really exciting.
'Landscape-Meditation,' gouache and pen on paper
As well as national and international exhibition applications, I have just signed up for the SOUTH EAST OPEN STUDIOS, which will take place across Kent, UK, in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment