Tuesday 27 February 2018

A colourful Tribute to my mother

'Landscape Poem,' oil and acrylic, 40 x 30cm

It has been a month since I last posted. Today as I write there is about 25 cm of snow outside on my patio and more expected for the end of the week. It has been a very hard and distressing February because my mother passed away on February 16th after six days in hospital with Pneumonia. I am looking out onto daffodils peeking through drifts of snow remembering how she loved those first signs of Spring and the lovely yellows.

'Landscape Memory,' acrylic on canvas, 50 x 40cm
Consequently, I have had a lot of things to see to over the last two weeks and have not really had time for many of my usual activities, and none for painting. So for this post I am just going to add a few colourful paintings. My mother loved to see my paintings as they evolved and especially loved colour. Today I want to try to paint again because I know she would be telling me to get back to work!

'On the Cusp of Memory,' oil and acrylic on canvas, 80 x 50 cm

'Summer Remembered,' acrylic and oil on canvas, 70 x 50 cm

My mother loved this painting, made in China during my painting Fellowship by the Great Wall (2016). I had to roll it to bring it home.

'Journey to the Great Wall,' acrylic and ink on canvas, 90 x 70 cm

And lastly, some daffodils I bought for her and put in our kitchen. She always bought them at this time of year to brighten the kitchen.




No comments:

Post a Comment