Monday 9 September 2019

My Participation in the 8th Beijing International Art Biennale 2019

Speaking at the 8th Beijing International Art Biennale symposium
I returned from Beijing just under a week ago. It was an amazing trip, my third participation in the Beijing International Art Biennale (this was the 8th BIAB) and I met old friends and made many new friends. It has been such a refreshing experience in many ways, for my artwork, for the many conversations with artists, and as a learning experience. Seeing all the many great and diverse artworks is always going to extend your ideas about art and allow you to enjoy new visions.

At this point in time I'm planning to write a series of articles about the BIAB. Part One will include my personal experiences and Parts 2 and 3 will include articles about the exhibition. These will focus on showcasing some of the artwork by particular artists to give an idea of the breadth of this huge Biennale which this year included artworks from 113 countries.

For this post I'm attaching a photo of my speech at the international symposium on August 31st, and also a short video of my speech. The video was filmed by my friend the artist Rebecca Vincenzi. I will write more about my speech in Part One of my articles on the 8th Beijing International Art Biennale.




Finally, a photo of my painting in the National Art Museum of China and also one of me painting a Chinese landscape view with my ink on paper.

To be continued.

Standing by my painting 'Walking Towards a Shared Future.'


Painting with ink on paper from a high point overlooking Chinese landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment