Tuesday 7 April 2020

30 Works 30 Days Challenge, Pushing My Limits

'Paint Poem' (series) oil and acrylic on canvas 22 x 25 cm

I chose to take part in a 30 day painting challenge which has been organised by 12ocollective. We signed up to make 30 works across 30 days which I'm using as a tool to push through new ideas by trying out some different processes. If you fail to submit by midnight each day you are out of the challenge!

I work part time at the moment so fitting in this challenge along with work and making other artworks is stretching my day but I'm determined to finish. It helps also to take my mind off the worsening news about the coronavirus pandemic.

The first painting, on DAY ONE, is a small oil painting which I worked to a time limit. Since that first day I've been working with different mixed media, combining acrylic and ink on gesso on cardboard and rice paper layered on cardboard, with ink and acrylic. My main materials, stretchers to make canvases, will not arrive for a while so I'm having to work with whatever is around.

For this post I'm including a few of the paintings I've made so far. We are currently on DAY SEVEN. 

'Paint Poem,' (series) 22 x 27 cm, gesso, ink and acrylic on cardboard

'Social Distancing in the Park,' gesso, ink and acrylic on cardboard, 30 x 28 cm



'Paths in the Park,' acrylic and gesso on cardboard, 28 x 26 cm

More will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment