Friday 11 May 2012

Interruptions.

I was delighted to receive confirmation of my inclusion in the Kings Hill Project exhibition. This is one of the paintings going on show, probably from 21st May. (That is also the date I have to take my watercolour to London, for the Not The Royal Academy Exhibition.)  Meanwhile, I have been unable to do much painting this week due to scaffolding going up very noisily around our block of flats. My tiny patio area is now full of fat metal poles, which straddle my pots of plants and stretch up four floors to the roof.  The three foot wide planks have blocked most of the light into my bedroom and living room. This, in combination with days of torrential rain and continual greyness, made it impossible to judge my colours.  When I lie on my bed, I am now looking out onto a forest of grey poles. I look in vain between the chinks for the unfolding spring leaves I know exist in the outer world.
Today I will try to paint, as men walk past the window carrying more metal poles and planks.
('The Hill,'  Oil and acrylic on canvas, 80cm by 80cm )

No comments:

Post a Comment