Tuesday 25 February 2014

A Busy Week

'Paintscape,' acrylic on canvas, 42 x 33cm
Next week will be a busy one! I'm delivering two paintings for a show titled FLIGHT, which opens on Tuesday evening. Coincidentally, both paintings are blue-based, and images of the sea. I'm looking forward to seeing how the other artists have interpreted this theme. My smaller painting was inspired by the memory of a flight over Paphos (Cyprus) and the larger one is an abstract using the sea as a metaphor for life's struggles. I will post both images next week.

Meanwhile, I have been invited to do a PODCAST interview next week. The date has yet to be set, but the interviewer is an artist, Phillip J. Mellen, who lives in the US, and has interviewed a lot of artists whose work I really respect, and established artists. I am really honoured to be included in his list of artists!

The painting posted above is a recent one and it was inspired partially by winter colours, and the way that the sun suddenly comes out and you get wonderful golds and lilacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment