Thursday 2 December 2021

Artworks from 2020-2021 Inspired by Covid-19

'From Darkness in to the Light,' oil and acrylic, 100 x 145 cm


 During Covid-19 I painted continuously. I was inspired by memories of walks, night walks when no one else was walking, and thoughts about the pandemic. It was a time for reflection and this filtered in to my paintings.

The painting above was one of two I painted recently that directly address the impact of the pandemic and thoughts about a return to normality. It is my idea of emerging from the darkness of Covid in to the light of being able to meet and greet one another normally, and return to our aspirations and ambitions. I love working on a large canvas!


'Dawn Splendor,' acrylic on canvas, 30 x 21 cm


I am especially inspired by the seasons and times of day. And I'm including a landscape painting about the rain which went on for days earlier this year in the UK. I was imagining roads and a sudden burst of sunlight. With this painting, below, I was trying out different ways to apply paint.


'After the Rain,' acrylic on canvas, 92 x 73 cm

'The First Light,' oil on canvas, 31 x 21 cm


More can be seen on my website. The link is on the right side of this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment